Monday, October 20

Book Reviews

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I can't wait! This is one year I can eat all I want and not feel guilty or care what people think. My mom must realize this too, because she is planning a big traditional feast! Thanks mom! If you want to teach your little one about this holiday and the family traditions that go along with it, or you feel the need to buy a really great Thanksgiving book, then The Night Before Thanksgiving by Natasha Wing is the one you must buy. I've already told you how much I love the Night Before books and this one does not disappoint. It is beautifully illustrated with a sweet family story. It reminds me a lot of the Thanksgivings we had when I was growing up. It's perfect for a boy or girl, any age.

Now, I Wanna Iguana by Karen Kaufman Orloff. I love this book also. It mainly caters to little boys and is written in an unique style. The main character, Alex, wants to get an iguana from his friend Stinky. So, to ask his mother for permission, he writes her a letter. She responds in a letter. The entire book is cute Dear Mom and Dear Alex notes passed back and forth about the iguana. Most of the really cute books I've come across have been geared toward little girls, so I was excited when I found this one. It would be the perfect Christmas gift!



Well, that's it for me. John and I are going to Jackson for a routine doctor's visit tomorrow. I know my mom will be happy for the break since I am going every two weeks now. I hope everyone has a great week!

0 comments: