Tuesday, January 1

New Year, Fresh Start


 Happy New Year!  What better day to restart our blog.  I have a lot to blog about, a lot to catch up on.  And now that we live 2 hours away from all of the Grands, I figure I better blog and blog a lot.  As most of you know, we moved to New Albany in the Fall.  I'll blog about that later, but I will say this, WE LOVE IT HERE!!!!  We are about 20 miles from both Oxford and Tupelo. And I am 15 minutes from my sister. That's the very best part. Getting to be with her and her family whenever we want has been amazing.  New Albany is such a great town. A mix of old and new. It was recently named the fastest growing town in Mississippi.  The people are so nice and it's a very artsy community.  That I really love.  I have plenty to blog about as I introduce everyone to our new hometown.  In the mean time, I'll post a few pictures to catch everyone up on the real reason you visit our blog - Jack!

 
We sold our house about two weeks after we found out we were moving (before we ever put it on the market).  That was a huge blessing, but it meant that John would have to stay in a hotel and Jack and I would have to move in with my parents.  There was no way we could live in a hotel for 6 to 8 weeks with a three year old.  It worked out so well and I am so thankful for that time. While we were staying in Winona Jack ran his first race.  The annual Tom Vigour 5K.  Jack's race was one mile around the downtown area. He loves to run and did such a good job.  
We were so proud of him!  And I think he was a little proud of himself.
          





Racing is hard work.  Thankfully he found a good spot to rest up after the race.

In June, this adorable monkey turned one.  I have been getting to kiss those sweet cheeks a lot lately.  I love him so much.  He and Jack are a sight to behold when they are together.

While at my parents, Jack got into cooking.


Look at the determination on his face.



Watch out Bobby Flay!
We also celebrated Halloween at my parent's.  One night we carved a pumpkin.  It's something we all enjoyed.  It's been a few years since pumpkin carving went on in my parent's house.  A great memory for us all.

Jack was a pirate for Halloween.
Scary Pirate.
Sweet Pirate.
Jack had a blast trick or treating.
Checking out his loot.
And here is my sweet Charlie Brown!
Bye for now.  A lot more to come.

0 comments: