Tuesday, January 13

Piglets, Crickets, and a Dog

Sounds like characters in a children's book, right? No, they are actual characters in the three ring circus that took place in our bedroom Sunday night. I put Jack in his Pack-n-Play around 10:00pm and he went out like a light, except for this horrible snorting and grunting he did in his sleep for about an hour. It sounded like I was locked in a room full of baby pigs who were plowing up the ground with their nose, digging for gold. Add to that the second ring of the circus, the crickets on the sound machine. That night they were particularly loud. It sounds like we were being invaded by a swarm of locust! And that brings me to the third ring, the dog (a.k.a. - Avery!) As I am lying in bed listening to the little piglet and the swarm of locust, Avery starts trying to break out from behind his baby gate in our closet. (Do you blame him?) I gave him a minute or two to see if he would settle down, but I became very aware that he wanted out for some reason and he was going to get out one way or another. Then it hit me, he is going to start barking and wake up my baby pig, who by the way, is still digging for gold in his crib.

I ran to the guest room, where John sleeps during the week, and told John to get up, put his pants on, and tend to this dog. And heaven help both of them if they wake up Jack!! I think we finally got back to bed around 12:00am. The dog and the piglet had settled down, but the crickets were still singing. I'm not complaining, they seem to help Jack sleep. You would think I would have drifted right off to sleep, but all I could do was laugh. Plus it was feeding time, so I got myself together, warmed a bottle and started all over again!

1 comments:

Betty said...

You are so funny! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall...