Today was a very busy and Egg-citing day for our little monkey. Our church, Emmanuel Baptist Church, had it's annual Easter Egg Hunt! And even though Jack is too young to hunt eggs this year, I had to take him to an egg hunt his first Easter. It started at 2:00pm at the church. It was hot, so we didn't stay very long. We were afraid Jack might get a little sun burn. This was his first "big" crowd event. He did good. When we first got there, kids were all over the place and they had speakers set up all around outside playing music - loud music. We had him in his stroller, so we were where he couldn't see us and when we rounded the corner and was hit with so much activity - he got a little scared. I took him out of his stroller and held him the rest of the time and he did great! We are so proud of him. He took it all in, making notes for next year when he will be out there hunting. Here are a few pictures from our big day.
Isn't this outfit adorable? PUDDLEDUCKS!
Jack and I went to Puddleducks Friday and I
fell in love with this outfit and Jack fell in
love with KK (a.k.a Karen Hartley).
He even let her try this outfit on him while we
were in the store. He doesn't usually
like having his clothes changed.
He was mesmerized with her.
One thing about Jack, he loves pretty girls!
We didn't take it to the church,
but I had to get his picture with it.
I think he's hoping KK will give him
a job modeling at her store.
He's smiling and we caught a picture of it!!!
Yes, he wore his shades the entire time.
People were amazed he kept them on.
where the 3 and 4 year olds hunted their eggs.
I was taking a picture of the bouncy
machines behind them. They had several
of those big bouncy things for
the kids to play in.
Here are the 3 and 4 year olds going at it.
There were a lot of kids at the hunt.
On our way home.
"Okay mom, one more picture
then you're done."
(A pained grin or the beginning
There were a lot of kids at the hunt.
"Okay mom, one more picture
then you're done."
(A pained grin or the beginning
of a melt down?)
"Mom please, put the camera away!"
"Ahhh, this is more like it!"
"Relaxing at home, in my diaper!"
"Relaxing at home, in my diaper!"
After his special day, he had to
come home and get comfy.
Jack was in a great mood when we got home, laughing and talking. I should have made him take a nap since his after lunch nap got cut short. But, I didn't and we paid for it. (I'm still learning!) He was a bear to put down tonight. It took us about an hour. He really fought sleep tonight.
His room is right off of our den and after we put him to bed, we keep the tv turned down and we check on him every few minutes. With that said, we have no idea when this incident took place. I went to check on him at 10:00pm and noticed the faint hint of a wet spot on his sheet. I turned his lamp on and found my sweet baby Jack sleeping in the middle of a huge puddle of throw up! It was every where! All over the bed and all over him. It was in his hair, his ear, on his clothes, arms, legs - even on his socks! I ran and got John and we got Jack up. We cleaned him, changed his clothes and John rocked him while I changed his sheet. It soaked through to his mattress cover. We felt so bad. I don't believe our guilt will let us get much sleep tonight. During all of this, Jack never woke up. What a little trooper!
We don't know what made him do this. It either had to do with him being so upset when we were trying to put him down or the fact that he has been chewing on his hand a lot lately. He tries to stick it so far in his mouth that he has almost made himself gag on a couple of occasions. I've already had to go in his room twice since this incident and take his hand out of his mouth. I don't know what caused it, but we feel so bad that we didn't catch it as soon as it happened - especially since he had such a great day.
***On a sad note - please pray for my wonderful childhood friend Sandy Shirley Goodson and her family. Sandy's sister, Beverly, died last night. She had a stroke about a week ago and never recovered. Sandy's dad died about a year ago and this is a very hard time for all of them - especially Sandy's sweet mom. Sandy and I both live in Grenada and go to church together. It's nice staying in touch with someone so sweet, who I have known since Kindergarten.
That's it for me. It's late and I'm going to check on Jack again. Probably one of many, many times I will look in on him during the night.


1 comments:
Looks like y'all had a good time. Outfit is too cute! Love the family picture.
Post a Comment