Wednesday, May 25

The Merry Month of May

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. I can't believe May is almost over. I can't believe Christmas is 7 months from today. Time is going by so fast. It goes by even faster when you're chasing a 2 year old around all day. Here are a few highlights from the merry month of May.


While my mom and I were in Tupelo, for my sister's baby shower, John and Jack went to the farm. Jack LOVES the horses. Especially the white one you will see in these pictures. I don't know what Grand Daddy Guy calls him, but Jack has named him Bullseye. I have a couple of these pictures framed and sitting around the house. Jack will take one and walk around with it saying, "Oh, me and my Bullseye". He loves this horse.







There's Bullseye! Of course, he had to take Cowboy Woody to the farm.







John did a great job taking pictures for me!



While fun was being had down on the farm, we were having fun at Baby Harrison's baby shower! Nicole's friends threw a beautiful and fun shower.



Harrison's cake. His full name is Harrison Linden Graves.




Harrison received many, many wonderful gifts. We can't wait to meet him in about 4 weeks!!



This month, Jack has also helped me clean.



He woke up one day this month in a bad mood, with crazy hair! (Or maybe he just doesn't like having the camera shoved in his face first thing in the morning.)



He tried to sneak a snack before his friends arrived for playgroup.


This month, he looked adorable EVERYDAY!



He even tried to make a quick get-a-way on his Inch Worm.






He celebrated Mother's Day in style.


Nothing like a little boy in seersucker shorts, no shirt, no shoes, and a cowboy hat. I think I hear GQ calling.


One morning this month, after a BIG rain, we went outside in our night shirt and rubber boots. And he had a blast!! This was also the morning we opened the front door to find a snake on our front porch. I DID NOT get a picture of it. Thankfully Papa was here to take care of the situation. For the next week, Jack was obsessed with finding that snake. It's all he talked about. Lucky for him, another snake was right around the corner. Our teenage next door neighbor killed a 4' 10" snake in our back yard. He said it was just a garden snake, but a snake is a snake! It's going to be a long summer.










Nicole and baby Harrison had another shower, closer to home. It was nice getting to visit with our Winona friends. And Mary Ann Heath threw a great party!!







And the most exciting news of all this month... The New Swing Set!! My dad bought Jack a swing set. Daddy and John worked on it for two days and they did a great job. They only have a couple of small details left to take care of. The little hut on top of the slide has a green canopy they need to attach. It came with two swings, but instead of putting both up, we put up Jack's baby swing. (It says from birth to 3 years, so we still have a few more months.) He likes to sit in it because he can recline. And I thought it would be nice to have up when some of the younger siblings of our playgroup friends come over to play. Jack calls it swinging in his car seat. Now Jack wakes up every morning saying, "I go outside, I swing".




That about wraps up our month. We have been very busy, but it's been a good busy. We are looking forward to the summer. Jack's new cousin, Baby Harrison, will be here soon and I'll have my camera ready. Hopefully I'll be better about posting pictures.


0 comments: