Tuesday, January 26

911 and a Box Full of Fun

Jack had his first run in with the law last week! One night after dinner, the three of us were playing in the den and Jack wanted to play with the phone. He loves our phone and, in the past, we have let him play with it when one of us is sitting with him. Well, this night both of us were watching him play with the phone, but apparently we weren't watching close enough. Fast forward 30 minutes and we are getting Jack ready for bed. John goes outside to take out the trash and is met by a policeman wanting to know if everything is alright. The 911 operator received a call from our house. Jack and I went outside and the very nice policeman saw that all was well. He has a 13 month old grandson himself, who loves to play with the phone. So all ended well. We gave Jack a talking to and now the phone is completely off limits. It wasn't until the next day that John and I both realized that is was 30 minutes, or longer, from the time we made Jack stop playing with the phone until the police arrived at our house. We only live 4 miles from the center of town. I hope we never have a real need for the police.


Here he is with his favorite monkey, Oliver.
He looks so sweet and innocent. And in desperate
need of a haircut. (He got a great haircut last week.
So nice and short.)

The other day I pulled out one of our remaining Christmas boxes.
I had put a lot of Christmas odd and ends in it and
finally cleared it out. It was going to be a couple of days before
trash day, so I decided to leave it inside and let Jack
play with it. He has had a blast. I keep thinking of all the money we could
have saved at Christmas if we had just gotten him a BIG box!!



Notice the great haircut!! Thanks Miss Jennifer!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack, I see you have your map in hand. I just know that you are looking for the way to our house. This time tomorrow night!!! We can't wait. We love you, MiMi and Papa

bettyb said...

That is so funny about the cell phone. You'd better hope that's the only time the police get called because of Jack!!! I'm sure it will be! Boxes have always been fun to play in~I loved my mother's basket of jar tops that she kept on the bottom shelf in her kitchen cabinet,and I have good pictures of Davis playing with my pots and pans. Who needs video games???
--enjoyed seeing the pictures of your handsome little fellow.
love,
Betty B.aka BettyWard