Friday, January 14

I See Snow!

That's what I have been hearing for many days now. I think I told, in an earlier post, that we started talking about the snow before we should have. Every morning Jack would get up and look out of the window and say, "I see snow?". Then he would look at me and say, "Nooo". Thankfully, Monday morning he woke up to a BIG snow! At least by Mississippi standards. We still have snow on the ground today. It has finally started melting off of the top of our house. And all day Jack has thought it was raining.


Monday was a fun family snow day! Here are several pics from our day. This first picture is a little sad. As I've told you before, he takes Woody everywhere! And I let him take Woody outside with us Sunday afternoon because there was just a tiny bit of snow on the ground. But I told him Monday morning that Woody had to stay inside, because I knew it would be hard for him to handle Woody and walk in the snow. And he doesn't like for anyone else to hold Woody. So in this picture, I have just broken the news to him that Woody was a no go and he is saying his goodbyes. They were only apart for about 30 minutes.





Our first Frosty didn't turn out so well.
Have you ever heard the term, "Too many cooks in the
kitchen"? Well, I think that's how John felt. So he abandoned this
one and built a great one out back later on (by himself).


Jack trying to shovel the snow.


Trying to replace the part of Frosty
I knocked off.


Trying to get his snow legs.



Snow Baby


Jack's snow prints.

Back yard views




This is a picture of footprints from
the birds on our back patio. I asked John to put out
a lot of bird seed for our feathered friends.
And we had a huge turnout.
Jack and I love to watch the birds
in our backyard, so we always try to keep
birdseed out for them.



Our very own Frosty!!

Many of you know that this big snow could not
have come at a better time. All winter, Jack has
been obsessed with Frosty the Snowman.
We still watch our Frosty DVD EVERYDAY!
We were so excited that Jack was able to
see his very own snowman. And once we
were out of the picture, John built an excellent Frosty.
John built Frosty in our backyard so Jack would have
a close-up view of him from our family room
windows. As of today, Frosty is still with us.
(Although I did make John go outside the
first night and bring the scarf and hat back
in.) The very first thing every morning,
Jack looks out of the window to check on Frosty.
Many times during the day, he stands at the window
and talks to him. I'm not sure how Jack is going to
react when Frosty is finally gone.

He's speechless!


Then he realizes Frosty has on his
favorite red hat. It's like the one Andy wears
in Toy Story.


THE END!!

0 comments: