Saturday, November 15

Great Friends and a Great Time!

Last Saturday, three very special people - Betty, Miss Gail and McKenzie - hosted a baby shower for me. The event took place in Miss Gail's beautiful home and everything was perfect! An intimate group, wonderful food, lots of laughs & stories, and many beautiful gifts for Jack. I could not have asked for anything more!


Did I mention the wonderful food?


Sweet, beautiful outfits!


McKenzie - my helper!
She worked so hard. I know she was worn out by the time it was over.

This is a very special quilt!
(My grandmother passed away several years ago and I think about her all of the time. I can't tell you how much I wish she were here to meet Jack.) This quilt was a gift from Mary Ann Heath. She and my mother grew up together in French Camp, MS and have been best friends since they were very little girls. When Mary Ann and David's son, Jamie, was born (20 something years ago) my grandmother made this quilt for Jamie. And last Saturday, Mary Ann passed it down to Jack. I love it! My grandmother can't be here to hold Jack, but now I can wrap him in this beautiful quilt she made with her own hands. It's one of those truly rare, priceless gifts. Thanks Mary Ann!


Nicole and one of our wonderful childhood friends,
Jennifer Chambley Adams!
Jennifer and her husband, Cole, are expecting a
sweet little girl in February.



Matt!
And what all girl party is complete without a little male entertainment? Matt stopped by to entertain us with tunes from his piano!
THANK YOU!
John and I can't thank Miss Gail, Betty and McKenzie enough for all of their kindness and hard work. They have always treated me like a part of their family and my shower was just another reflection of their love and thoughtfulness! Thank you!!!





1 comments:

bettyb said...

That is the sweetest story about the quilt.I am overly sentimental,so it really touched my heart.I have often wished my grandmother,Mama Davis,could have met my Davis(he's named for her),because she would have loved him so much. --can't wait to meet Jack.He's a blessed little fellow already.
love,
the "other Betty"
AKA Betty Ward