Monday, April 12

Belated Easter and Water Baby

I'm finally getting to post pictures of Jack in his Easter outfit!! Because of John's "surprise" appendectomy, the Thursday before Easter, we weren't able to go to church Easter Sunday. So yesterday was our Easter Sunday. I think he looks like a doll, even though he wouldn't give me a smile. He was mad because I was making him wear shoes. But not to worry, he took off his socks and shoes once he was in the church nursery. (Where there's a will, there's a way and he was a STRONG will!) Our friends and family know that Jack is not a big fan of the church nursery. As soon as we pull into the church parking lot he says, "Oh no momma" and starts screaming as soon as we walk in the door. He has been going to the church nursery since he was 4 months old and there was never a problem until this past December. I had to stay in his nursery during church because they had 11 one year olds and only one worker. Thankfully they found two more volunteers, so then there were 4 adults to 11 one year olds. (we were still out numbered.) Now, in the past when I have kept Jack's nursery, he has continued to cry even with me holding him. Yesterday was much better. He cried for about five minutes, I held him for about 10 minutes, then he got down and played with the other children. Especially a little boy named Harper. Together they sat in a corner and decided to take off their socks and shoes. They had a ball. It was nice to see Jack starting to interact with kids his own age and have a good time. Jack enjoys being around older kids, just not ones his age and his size. It also helped that he found a little girl friend named Avery!! Avery is adorable and has a cutie twin brother. They are just a couple of months younger than Jack. Avery has huge brown eyes and ear length dark brown hair. Apparently Jack thought she was Dora the Explorer. He followed her around the nursery saying, "Duuuhhhraaahhhh" (aka Dora). This went on forever. Unfortunately, Avery was not impressed or amused by the attention. She took a couple of swings at Jack, but he rebounded quickly and was after her again. All he could talk about on the way home was "Duuuhhhraaahhh". I believe Avery may be the answer to our nursery situation.



You may also notice, in the pictures below, that Jack's face looks dirty. Well, it's not dirt. Jack had several falls outside this week. The first one busted his lip pretty bad and skinned his nose. The second fall produced a big goose egg above his left eye and the third fall skinned his knee. It was a rough week.






This morning we were outside watering our flowers and veggies and I decide to let Jack play in the water. He had a great time. He is going to love playing outside this summer!! Below are a few pictures.















I believe it's going to be a pretty week, so I'm sure we'll be outside everyday. I'll have many more pictures to post.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

He is getting to be such a big boy and so much help with watering your plants (and the concrete!). Give him a big hug for us and tell him that we have a gift for him from Cookie and Uncle Sam. We will get it to him soon. Love to all, MiMi and Papa.