Easter is right around the corner, so I got busy getting the house ready for Peter Cottontail's arrival. Jack is also getting in to the spirit by wearing his CUTE Easter t-shirt made by Suzanne Brister at www.petite-designs.blogspot.com .
Hold Still Rabbit
Bashful Rabbit
Silly Rabbit
Sad Rabbit
As many of you know, I have been collecting the hand painted, wooden Easter eggs from the Olde Tyme Commissary in Jackson since 2000. Well, this year, I tried someone new. A friend of my sisters in Tupelo. She is a stay-at-home mom and a terrific artist. For Jack's egg I had her paint a baby bunny wearing a number #1 t-shirt (since Jack is now 1). And if you will look closely, the bunny is holding a blue blanket, just like the one Jack carries around with him 90% of the day. Each year I like to have our eggs painted with something that represents what is happening in our lives. And nothing represents us better right now than that blue blanket. When we get ready to leave the house, or at bed time, we may not know what we did with our minds, but we know where that blanket is - if not, we are in BIG trouble!!!



I always display three eggs front and center every year -our new egg, last year's egg and the egg we had painted in
2003, Avery's Egg!
I love our eggs and look forward to getting them out every year. Trying to chose what to have painted each year is also a lot of fun. I love traditions and these eggs are the perfect keepsakes. And I want Jack to always remember that I made a special effort to make our home festive for every holiday. I hope one day, many years from now, Jack and his family will display his eggs and start a collection of their own. I'll post pictures of my decorations once I'm finished.
P.S. - I LOVE the fact that so many women are starting their own "handmade" businesses. There is so much talent out there!!!
1 comments:
MiMi doesn't like "Sad Rabbit"!! And just as she was thinking that our little Rabbit didn't look as much like "Daddy Rabbit", "Bashful" comes up looking just like Daddy and Uncle Will! I love our eggs this year and we all do still miss Avery, Doggone and PK so much. May they RIP. Happy Easter, Peter Cottontail!!!!!
Post a Comment